Litchfield Cavo attorneys’ quest for excellence has earned them a reputation as a premier general liability insurance defense firm among insurers, self-insured entities and the legal community.
Our attorneys have also proven to be powerful advocates for individuals and businesses facing personal injury, property damage or negligence claims.
Litchfield Cavo attorneys counsel clients with effective, professional and consistent representation to serve their litigation needs in state and federal courts and before administrative tribunals and arbitrators.
Thorough, Persistent Defense
Litchfield Cavo attorneys have a solid reputation of efficiently, yet successfully litigating complex matters on behalf of insurance carriers, corporations, financial institutions, regional businesses, municipalities and government entities, and individuals due to their substantial experience of complex matters, including
- Business defense | Insured businesses rely on our attorneys to reach successful, cost-effective resolutions as they face many types of lawsuits, including allegations of negligent or insufficient training, compliance, supervision or hiring practice claims.
- Personal injury defense | Litchfield Cavo attorneys defend negligence and strict liability actions on behalf of our clients including catastrophic injury and death. Our attorneys successfully defend lawsuits including those against general contractors and subcontractors in construction accidents, owners and operators of personal and commercial vehicles, and owners and managers of residential and commercial property.
- Personal torts | Litchfield Cavo attorneys defend businesses and individuals accused of wrongful conduct, including defamation (libel or slander), invasion of privacy, statute violations of debt collection, computer use or misuse of confidential data. Such accusations are frequently unfounded and our attorneys vigorously defend clients based on facts, the law and the United States Constitution.
- Property damage defense | Property damage claims can cost millions of dollars and disrupt business. Our attorneys vigorously defend clients against property damage claims including claims arising from construction operations, as well as property damage claims against commercial and residential property managers and owners.
Our General Liability Record
Litchfield Cavo has a solid record defending liability claims nationwide, including the following representative matters
- Successfully defended an assisted living community client against plaintiff’s claim that she fell and broke her hip due to insufficient assistance while leaving her apartment during a mandated overnight fire drill.
- Successfully defended towing company client in a catastrophic fire loss alleged by plaza owner and tenant with combined compensatory damages claimed totaling $3.5 million in property damage and business interruption. After a five-day trial our attorneys obtained a favorable jury verdict for our client of only $2,655.
- Successfully defended a gas and oil field production automation client in a property damage subrogation case in which the alleged damages exceeded $11 million, against a claim that onsite work had interfered with the emergency shutdown system at a gas compression facility.
- Obtained favorable summary judgment for property management company client and grocery store in a slip and fall personal injury action wherein the court held the plaintiff’s fall was caused by a natural accumulation of ice and defendants owed her no duty.
- Jury verdict in favor of defendant, a prime contractor client, on a municipal construction project wherein the plaintiff sought more than $3.5 million for spinal injuries he suffered when he fell into an unguarded excavation.
- Achieved a defense verdict in a mass flooding case in favor of two water supply companies that operate three dams controlling over 12 billion gallons of water.